Tips for Glogster
Be sure to give credit to your images (see our copyright friendly page for how to do this). Use only copyright friendly images from the Creative Commons Search or from the databases; we do NOT have permission to use images from the websites.
Choose themes that are not visually busy or that will detract from your content.
Find Copyright Friendly Photos
Most of the media in these collections are attached to generouscopyright licensing. Though you may not need to ask permission to use them when publishing on the Web for educational purposes, you should cite or attribute these images to their creators unless otherwise notified! If you see any copyright notices on these pages, read them for further instructions. (text courtesy of librarian Joyce Valenza)
*If you don't want to worry about checking the CC image license for each photo, check the second box, "Find content to modify, adapt, or build upon"
How to Search for Images Using Advanced Flickr Search
Ms. Kennedy's Instructions
Your Glogster Must Include the Following:
1. Title and Author
2. Character Bio Poem for Melinda (Done in class on Monday)
3. At least 5 of your Graffiti Wall Entries (Done in Class)
4. Your Tree of Me Picture
5. 3 Relevant Pictures
6. 1 quote that you think is important from Each Marking Period.
7. 5 Song Soundtrack of the Book: Each Entry must include song title, artist, and a relevant reason for adding it to the soundtrack.
8. List the Theme of the Novel. Explain why you believe this is the theme.
9. List 3 Symbols and explain what they represented in the novel.
10. Your Recommendation to other Readers. Would you suggest that other teens read this book? Why or why not?
How to Embed Your Glog In Your Wikispaces Page
Check out the step by step screenshots from Joyce Valenza by clicking here!
1. Go to your page from the navigation bar on the left
2. Click edit
3. Click on the widget icon
4. Click on poster
5. Log into your Glogster account when prompted
6. Choose the Glog you want to embed
7. "Insert Glog"